Friday 27 February 2009

AASL-ISTE SIGMS Presentation

This morning I had the pleasure of being invited to the monthly AASL-ISTE SIGMS group meeting in S.L. ... (American Association of School Librarians).
A very pleasant group who made me feel very comfortable at the meeting ... the theme being : “Keeping Current in a Global Environment”.
One of several thrills for me was with Dana Dukic, librarian, contributing from her desk at West Island School in Hong Kong with the sound of students in the background ... brilliant.
I think I may have talked a little too much though .... it was good to see contributions using public chat while I used mainly voice.
S.L. and my connectivity (Thailand) coped very well again technically .... and it's nice to be able to focus on the content rather than the process, although we did go off on a couple of technical aspects, all very positive learning experiences.
Many thanks to Lisa Perez in Chicago (Elaine Tulip in SL) for a very pleasant start to the day (my time).


Wow ... this is the 100th post on the Int.Schs.Island Blog ... 

No comments: